r Egg Subscription runs 10 weeks with 2 dozen eggs per week.
WHAT YOU CAN LOOK FORWARD TO:
- Each Egg Subscriber will enjoy a weekly share of 2 dozen eggs.
- You get eggs regularly and at a discounted cost.
- Eggs are picked daily, washed and refrigerated.
- We have 75 hens and 2 roasters.
- Egg Subscribers can enjoy peace of mind knowing that everything is raised with organic methods, We never use chemicals, synthetic pesticides or herbicides on any of our crops or on our property.
- Eggs are delivered to Athol or Coeur d'Alene every Friday.
How we raise our Chickens; Our hens are fed local, non-GMO grains with no Corn or Soy. They live during the winter and early spring in a 100' hoophouse protected from wind and snow or rain. They get soaked whole grains to scratch everyday and fresh greens when available even during the winter. They are very healthy, happy birds.
There are other benefits to supporting local farms and CSA/Egg Subscription program.
- As consumers, we have become accustomed to buying fruits and vegetables shipped from all over the world, regardless of the season.
- This is a waste of resources and energy.
- This also means that food is harvested before it has ripened in order to make the journey.
- This long journey sacrifices the nutritional value and flavor of the produce.
- By choosing locally grown food, you ensure that you are eating the freshest, most nutrient dense and best tasting food possible and being environmentally responsible at the same time.